Crab Cakes with Fuji Apple Salsa and Curry Aioli
Wine Pairing: Semillon - Columbia Valley
The engaging aromatics, beautiful mouthfeel, and vibrant natural acidity make our Semillon a beautiful accompaniment to this rich crab dish.
*Makes approx. (10) 2 ½ oz cakes
20 oz. Dungeness Crab Meat, fresh
2 Tbsp. White onion, minced
2 Tbsp. Celery, minced
1 Tbsp. Red Bell Pepper, minced
1 Tbsp. Green Bell Pepper, minced
1 Cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, minced
1 ¼ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 ½ Cup Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 ½ oz. Cooking Oil
1. Crab should be squeezed gently to remove excess moisture.
2. Lightly sauté vegetables, and chill before using.
3. Mix crab, vegetables, mayonnaise and seasoning well.
4. Shape into 2 ½ oz. patties.
5. Coat patties lightly with fresh breadcrumbs and chill 3-4 hours prior to cooking.
6. Pan-fry in oil at medium heat until golden brown and heated thoroughly.
Fuji Apple Salsa
3 ea. Fuji Apples
¼ Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
½ Tbsp. Black pepper
- Cut apples into julienne and combine with remaining ingredients.
½ Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbls. Curry powder
2 Tbls. Milk
- Combine all ingredients and allow to sit for 1 hour.
Assembly…place ½ cup of the apple salsa in the center of a plate. Lay the golden brown crab cake on top of the apple salsa and stripe the aioli across the entire plate.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Dan Thiessen, Executive Director Wine Country Culinary Institute